NEW MEDICAL TERMINAL UNIT - AFNOR FIND OUT MORE close
Home » About us » History

History

The origins of GCE go back as far as the beginning of the twentieth century when oxy-acetylene cutting and welding methods were first invented. GCE itself was formed in 1987 through the merging of two gas equipment activities from the world’s leading industrial gas companies into one entity.

Today’s product portfolio fits a large variety of applications, from simple pressure regulators and blowpipes for welding and cutting to sophisticated gas supply systems for medical and electronics industry applications.

The GCE Group has grown rapidly since its foundation and leads the restructuring of the European gas equipment industry through mergers and acquisitions. Headquarters are based in Malmö, Sweden with the Group having activities in all European markets, and developing businesses in Russia, China, India and South America.

The major Production centres are located in the Czech Republic and China. Worldwide in excess of 1000 people are employed within the GCE group today.